It is also known as Recruitment Process or Decision making process. It is expected that a recruiter must have a proper idea or knowledge about the process of an organisation. Lets have an example.
Directions (Qs. 1-5): Following are the criteria for selection of management trainee in an organization. The candidate must
(i) have passed HSC examination in first class with at least 60% marks.
(ii) Have passed graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks.
(iii) Have completed a certificate/diploma/degree course in Computer Science.
(iv) Be not less than 21 years and not more than 28 years of age as on 1. 6. 2015
If a candidate satisfies all the above mentioned criteria except
(a) at (ii) below but is a postgraduate, the case may be referred to the Executive Director (ED).
(b) at (iii) not diploma or any certificate holder but has studied Computer Science as one of subjects of curriculum, the case may be referred to the Vice President (VP).
In each of the questions below, information of one candidate is given. You have to take one of the following five decisions based on the information provided and the criteria and conditions given above. You are not to assume anything other than the information provided in each question. All these cases are given to you as on 01. 06. 2015. You have to indicate your decision by marking answers to each question as follows:
Mark answer (1) if the case is to be referred to ED.
Mark answer (2) if the case is referred to VP.
Mark answer (3) if the candidate is to be selected.
Mark answer (4) If the information is inadequate to take a decision.
Mark answer (5) if the candidate is not to be selected.
1. Amit, a commerce graduate, passed in the first class with 57% marks. He had secured73% marks in HSC. He has studied computer Science as one of the subjects at HSC. His date of birth is 22.9.1988.
2. Rani has passed BMS degree examination in second with 58% marks and HSC in the first class 65% marks. She completed a diploma in computer science. She completed 25 years of age in November 2010
3. Rajesh Grover has passed HSC exam in the first class with 89% marks. Thereafter he did a 6-month certificate course in computer science and presently in pursuing final year of engineering degree examination. His date of birth is 28.12.1989.
4. Sapan Gupta is a Science graduate passed in 2009 with 47% at the age of 27 years. he had scored 64% marks in HSC. he has also passed M.Sc with 58% marks he has done a certification course in computer.
5. Jotshna is a postgraduate in Computer Science passed in the first class with 62% marks. She had scored 81% marks in HSC. Her date of birth is 17.6.1987.