Home » Verbal Reasoning » Statement and Conclusion » Question

Direction: In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement. Give answer

1. Statement:
    Older women who use assisted reproductive technology or drugs are usually monitored more closely than younger mothers who conceive naturally . They are also more likely to get counselling or parental tests than their younger counterpart. Plus, older mothers are generally more affluent and educated then younger ones and more careful about risky behavior when approaching pregnancy.
    Conclusions :
    I. The health risks to children born to women above 35 years of age are not significantly greater.
    II. Twins and triplets born to older women are just as healthy as those born to younger mothers.
    1. if only conclusion I follows
    2. if only conclusion II follows
    3. if either I or II follows
    4. if neither I nor II follows, and
    5. if both I and II follow
Correct Option: A

The comparison made between the facilities and related aspects of older women and there younger counterparts makes conclusion I valid. But conclusion II does not follow from the statement because we are not sure about it on the basis of the given information.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.