Home » Verbal Reasoning » Statement and Conclusion » Question

Direction: In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement. Give answer

1. Statement:
    Medical advancement has increased life expectancy and also the expectation of all and sundry to live longer and healthier but spiralling medical cost is a real spoilsport.
    Conclusions :
    I. Advancement in medical science caters to the needs of moneyed classes alone.
    II. Nowadays medical profession has become a means of amassing wealth at the cost of ethics.
    1. if only conclusion I follows
    2. if only conclusion II follows
    3. if either I or II follows
    4. if neither I nor II follows, and
    5. if both I and II follow
Correct Option: D

As the statement is relating medical advancement to high medical cost, it follows that medical advancement is an expensive affair. But the costs may be borne by the govts or charitable institutions. Hence I doesn't follow. Nothing can be concluded about the medical ethics from the given statement. Hence II does not follow.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.