Home » Verbal Ability » Ordering of Sentences » Question

Direction: In each of the following questions, choose the most appropriate sequence of sentences from the given choices.

1. S1: Foreigners find India either exotic because of the rich multi-culturalism and mysticism, or appalling because of lack of sanitation, infrastructure and development.
    (i) But Marta Vanduzer Snow, an American Ph.D. student, moved to rural India convinced that India needed a different approach.
    (ii) Martha has developed a three-pronged development strategy and chose Amethi and Rae Bareli to put up a small-scale model.
    (iii) Also, as against the Rs. 400,000 per 100 meter that government incurred in building the interlocking road, Martha got permeable road constructed at only Rs. 200,000.
    (iv) She got evapotranspiration toilets built at half the cost of similar government projects in villages of Rae Bareli and Amethi.
    S6: An Amartya Sen development economics fan, Marta has also set up 27 solar power plants, including two street lights and a mobile charger.
    1. (i) (iv) (iii) (ii)
    2. (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
    3. (i) (ii) (iv) (iii)
    4. (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
Correct Option: A

Sentences (iv) and (iii) mention cost and go together.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.