Home » Verbal Ability » Ordering of Sentences » Question

Direction: In each of the following questions, choose the most appropriate sequence of sentences from the given choices.

1. (i) In its vaguer significance, the phrase, though it contains a truth, contains also some possibilities of self-deception and error.
    (ii) A giant holding up the earth and all its animal creation might still find the grasshopper a burden.
    (iii) The lady may excuse herself for reviling the crumpled roseleaf by reflecting with what extraordinary dignity she would wear the crown of thorns - if she had to.
    (iv) People who have both small troubles and big ones say that they find the small ones the most bitter; and it is undoubtedly true that the back which is bowed under incredible loads can feel a faint addition to those loads.
    (v) But I am afraid that the maxim that the smallest worries are the worst is sometimes used or abused by people, because they have nothing but the very smallest worries.
    1. (v) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
    2. (iii) (ii) (iv) (v) (i)
    3. (i) (iv) (ii) (v) (iii)
    4. (iv) (i) (ii) (v) (iii)
Correct Option: C

The theme of the paragraph is 'self- deception', which is introduced in (i), (iv) and (ii) elaborate that and (v) explains the author's point of view.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.