Home » Electricity and Magnetism » Moving Charges and Magnetism » Question
  1. A wire carrying current I has the shape as shown in adjoining figure. Linear parts of the wire are very long and parallel to X-axis while semicircular portion of radius R is lying in Y-Z plane. Magnetic field at point O is :​​
    1. →B =
      μ0
      I
      (μî × 2̂k)
      4πr
    2. →B = -
      μ0
      I
      (μî + 2̂k)
      4πr
    3. →B =
      μ0
      I
      (μî - 2̂k)
      4πr
    4. →B =
      μ0
      I
      (μî + 2̂k)
      4πr
Correct Option: B

Magnetic field due to segment ‘1’ ​

→B1 =
μ0I
[sin 90° + sin 0°](-̂k)
4πR

=
- μ0I
(-̂k) = →B3
4πR

​= ​Magnetic field due to segment 2 ​
B2 =
μ0I
(-î) =
- μ0I
(πî)
4R4πR


​∴ →B at centre ​
→Bc = →B1 + →B2 + →B3 =
- μ0I
((πî) + ̂k)
4πR



Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.