Home » Data Interpretation » Data Sufficiency » Question

Direction: Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and Read both the statements and give answer

1. What is the height of a right-angled triangle?
    I. The area of the right-angled triangle is equal to the area of a rectangle whose breadth is 12 cm.
    II. The length of the rectangle is 18 cm.
    1. If the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
    2. If the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question
    3. If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question.
    4. If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question.
Correct Option: D

As per the given above question ,
From statement II , The length of the rectangle = 18 cm
From statement I , breadth = 12 cm
The area of the right-angled triangle = the area of a rectangle
⇒ ( 1 / 2 ) x b x h = L x B ⇒ ( 1 / 2 ) x b x h = 18 x 12
⇒ b x h = 216 x 2 = 432 cm2
∴ By combing I and II we can find the area of right angled triangle, but the height cannot be determined in absence of the base of the triangle.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.