Home » Verbal Reasoning » Statement and Argument » Question

Direction: In this type of decision-making questions decisions about important questions, it is desirable to distinguish between 'strong' and 'weak' arguments. A 'strong' arguments must be both 'important and directly related to the question. A 'weak' arguments may not be directly related to the question and may be of minor importance or may be related to the trivial aspect of the question. Each question below is followed by two arguments, numbered I and II. You have to decide which of the arguments is 'strong' and which is 'weak'?

1. Statement
    Should the incharge of all the police stations in the country be transferred every two years ?
    Arguments
    I No, this will create a lot of administrative hassles and also will create a lot of inconvenience to the police officers.
    II.Yes this is the only way to eradicate the nexus between police officers and anti-social elements.
    1. If only Argument I is strong
    2. If only Argument II is strong
    3. If neither I nor II Is strong
    4. If both I and II are strong
Correct Option: A

Argument I is strong because, if all the police officers are transferred after every two years, then it will create a lot of administrative hassles and it will also create lot of inconvenience to the police officers. The use of term 'only'in the Argument II makes it invalid.

Your comments will be displayed only after manual approval.